Thursday, November 13, 2008

Some More Twitter Tricks for the Internet Business Person


I am really on this Twitter kick lately, and I love it! Normally, I discover something new, am fascinated with it for a while, then my interest wanes as I move on to the next great discovery. However, I have to say, I really do like Twitter for its simplicity, ease of use, and personal networking applications.

I find it much simpler than other social networking applications - I don't have to create a new profile for every new business venture, pimp out my page with skins and graphics, or join a whole bunch of pretentious groups that are just a breeding ground for spam. (Although Twitter has been getting invaded by the spammers a little lately, as all good things are these days).

I genuinely believe in ethical, honest business practices. I genuinely want to help people in whatever business I enter into, that's just me. Not everyone in Internet marketing are even on the same planet as I am with that belief (even though everyone claims to be on some level, it is really easy to see through on most people). And bringing things back to Twitter, it is so simple and direct that people entering into Twitter with only spamming on their mind are very transparent versus people that genuinely want to network and establish novel connections with others. Bonus for me :-)

So to the bones of this post - my greatest Twitter tip: establish genuine connections. Use that direct message button, reply to people's messages, and participate in the community and communication. By doing this, your Twitter experience will be incredibly enhanced.

Will this tip get you sales and conversions overnight? Most likely not. But by consistently building a value-centered network of connections, you are much more likely to produce a quality connection for a future sale with ethical and honest communication rather than with spamming.

I will now get of my business ethics soapbox. :-)

CHECK OUT OUR HOME BUSINESS PAGE HERE!!

No comments: